Why should I fill my motorcycle tires or vehicle tires
- Improve performance; Safety & Tire Wear with N2
- Nitrogen helps to maintain proper tire pressure longer in a tire. Air leaks out of the tire at 2-3 times faster than Nitrogren.
- Nitrogen reduces catastrophic blow outs. The #1 reason for tire blow outs is under inflated tires. A tire can be as much as 50% under inflated and appear to be normal. Nitrogen provides a safer alternative.
- Nitrogen improves fuel economy. The average vehicle will see a 4% mile per gallon improvement.
- Nitrogen provides consistent pressure. High temperatures will cause the pressure in an air filled tire to rise. Nitrogen is very dry thus reducing fluctuating pressures in a tire. This is why many racers choose Nitrogen.
- Nitrogen extends tire life. Nitrogen provides proper tire pressure thus giving the driver rider optimum tire wear. Nitrogen is inert and dry and therefore prevents oxidation of rubber, rims, and valve stems.
Goodyear, in a June 14, 2004, Product Service Bulletin #2004-09 stated, “Goodyear supports the use of Nitrogen, as in inflation gas, in all Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly, and Associated Brand and Private Brand products, based on the ability for the tire to retain pressure for a longer period of time. The use of Nitrogen will not affect the tire warranty.”
Michelin, BF Goodrich, Uniroyal, Riken, Cavalier issued a joint Technical Bulletin in November, 2003, which stated that, “Michelin supports the use of Nitrogen on its ability to better retain pressure over a period of time.”